Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Latin LOLCat: Pleasure

Some of you may be familiar with the long-running series of Latin LOLCats that I had been publishing at one of my Latin blogs (but in Latin only, without the English translation). The goal at that blog was to help students with their Latin, hence my reluctance to provide an English translation. The proverbs were carefully chosen to use only vocabulary found on a the 1000-word Latin Core Vocabulary List. Now that I am shifting my attention to English proverbs, however, I will be publishing those LOLCats here - with an English translation each time, of course!

Here is the first of those Latin LOLCats - with English. Today's saying is adapted from Cicero:

Voluptate capimur omnes.

We are all prisoners of pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is no CAPTCHA here (the captchas are just too hard!) ... but that means I have limited this comment box to Google Accounts only. You can also write me at laurakgibbs AT gmail DOT com.